Are you tired of getting Windows Detected A Hard Disk Problem message on your Windows screen? Wan to resolve this issue permanently? We are here to help you out in this regard. Before going further, we want you to learn how this error looks like. If you are getting the following message on your Windows screen, then it is a “Windows Detected A Hard Disk Problem”. Still, no need to worry at all! This Microsoft Windows’ error can be easily resolved by disabling the diagnostic tool. Following is the detailed description of this method. We want you to carefully follow each step as indicated in the images to get positive results.
Disabling the Diagnostic Tool
You can disable the Diagnostic Tool by using Local Group Policy Editor Tool. This tool is inbuilt on most the OS Versions of Windows. This tool allows users to view and add necessary changes to the local group policies. Apart from this, Local Group Policy Editor Tool is also used for the purpose disabling Windows Diagnostic Tool that causes ‘Windows Detected A Hard Disk Problem’ issue. If you want to get rid of this issue completely from your system, then follow the given steps precisely to see desired results.
Steps To Be Followed…
Step 1) To initiate the process, click Windows Icon + R to open the Run dialog box. Now, type “gpedit.msc” and then click OK to continue the process. (as shown in the following image)
Step 2) As soon as you press OK button, a Local Group Policy Editor pop-up window opens in front of you.
Step 3) Now, you need to go inside the Local Group Policy Editor tool, and then follow the steps as shown in the following image,
- First click on Local Computer Policy
- Click on the Administrative Templates option.
- Click on the System tab under Administrative Templates options.
- From there, Find out Troubleshooting and Diagnostics option.
We mark each of above steps from 1 to 4 in the given image to make you clear about the steps.
- Once you click the Troubleshooting and Diagnostics option (as indicated as 1) in the following image), it will open up a “Disk Diagnostic” (as indicated 2) in the following image) prompt window in front you. From there follow the given steps carefully,
- Under Disk Diagnostics pop-up window, you will come across two options and you are required to double click the ‘Disk Diagnostic: Configure execution level’ option (as indicated 3) in the following image) to continue further.
- Above step will open the required window. From there you are required to click on the Disabled option (as indicated 4) in the given image).
- Finally, click on the Ok button (as indicated 5) in the given image), and then Apply (as indicated 6) in the given image) to finish the task.
Also See: How to Fix the Asus Smart Gesture Not Working Error on Windows?
How to Fix the Asus Smart Gesture Not Working Error on Windows?
Now, restart your system to check your system from “Windows Detected A Hard Disk Problem” completely. If this error still persists in your system, then feel free to get in touch with us. Our technical experts are always there to help you out from these types of problems.