The WhatsApp video call feature is a groundbreaking development in mobile technology in recent years. It is a free feature that has added convenience and cost-effectiveness to mobile calling in an entirely new way. The feature has been released since some time, yet many smartphone users still haven’t used it to make calls. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to make a whatsapp call.
Activating How To Video Call In Whatsapp
The first step is to activate it before you can learn how to video chat on whatsapp. We will assume that you already have the WhatsApp application installed on your smartphone or tablet. Even if you haven’t installed it yet, follow these instructions for how to activate whatsapp video call:
- Download and install the app from Google Play store or App Store depending on which device you are using.
- Once the app is installed, open WhatsApp. A call icon will be displayed alongside contacts. Click on this call button and choose the ‘video call’ option. The app will show a message saying “couldn’t place the call. Video calling is unavailable at this time.”
It will take around 24 hours for the WhatsApp team to activate the feature. It can sometimes take longer. The app and video calling feature have been added to your device, but you will not be able to make video calls unless the feature has not been activated.
Also Read:- How to Install Apps to SD Card Android
How To Make Calls On Whatsapp
Once activated, follow the below-mentioned steps on how to make a video call on whatsapp. You can use these steps depending on whether you have an Android, iOS, Windows or BB device:
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest version
- Tap on a contact that you want to make a video call to
- You may open the chat page with the contact or tap on the profile picture
- When you tap on the profile picture, the app will show 4 different options with a pop up. Choose the option that says “video call”
- When you choose to open the chat page you have with that contact, you will see only two options. It will ‘voice call’ (audio call) and ‘video call’. Tap on the ‘video call’ option for how to video call in whatsapp
The app will place the video call and you will be able to view the contact live on the other side and talk with them. It is important that the contact should have latest version of WhatsApp.
The interface will be same as in most other video calling applications. It is easy how to video call in whatsapp. You could also choose between front and rear cameras. When the call goes unanswered or gets declined, you can choose from 3 different options:
- Cancel the call
- Call again
- Record a voice message
So how to make calls on whatsapp may not be as easy in the beginning. Once you have activated the feature, it will be just like using the conventional contacts list in your phone. You will be opening the WhatsApp contacts list and calling from within it. Although it is a free feature otherwise, the video-call feature will consume data. It is also affected by online censorship and requires a Whatsapp VPN app to unblock the service.