Android keeps releasing new versions and updates every now and then. You can have a well-configured version that works just fine for you. But once you have updated to a new version, many things can go awry. One such commonly occurring issue is with the call logs. The call logs can turn completely unsorted for no apparent reason. You have to scroll down every time and remember which missed calls you responded to and which not. The device simply doesn’t group the same call logs together. This guide provides you a step by step guide on how to sort and manage your call logs.
You receive dozens of calls a day and many of them and find many of them missing. There is no grouping. The system also doesn’t flag or mark the calls whether you have returned the call or not.
How to View Call Log?
- Look for the ‘phone’ app and tap it open
- Open the ‘menu’ button
- Tap on ‘view’
- Choose the items that you want to view in your call logs
Using an App
You can also manage your call logs using an efficient app. Call Logger is a widely popular and effective app for the purpose.
It can be used in the following ways:
1. Managing Call Logs
- It allows you to apply filters based on time duration
- Calls can be viewed in grouping of name and date
- The call history can be sorted in ascending or descending order
- Select each call and remove
- Search call log using contact name
- Check a contact’s stats in call log
- Create backup of call logs in CSV/XML format
- Call Logger also allows display of stats against each user’s call history
- It can also create a pie chart showing the duration of call against each contact name
There are many more statistics features including filtering by time duration and checking longest call duration
3. Backup & Restore Function
You can both create a backup of your call history and restore it whenever a need arises. Backups can be created on G drive and your phone’s external storage. Restoring the call history is easy and quick. Call Logger also allows you to manage your contacts list. It allows accessing the contacts list from within the app. You can make a call, send message or mark a contact as favorite. It also allows checking the recently used and favorite contacts.
There is also the option to auto-delete calls. This function can be applied on specific contacts. It will delete the call log from that specific contact instantly after the call ends. Once deleted, that contact’s call history cannot be viewed by anyone.
So these are the most effective ways for sorting and managing your call logs. The default phone setting is simple and allows you a lot of control. But if you are not satisfied with it, you can use an app like Call Logger for deeper and more effective control.