There are many reasons why you can have an Error Failed to Play Test Tone Windows PC Speakers Issue. It can be due to issues with sound configuration, corrupted audio driver, or errors in Windows files. The error has been seen many times in Windows OS, across different OS versions. You don’t want to use a computer system that doesn’t have any sound.
So how can you fix the Error Failed to Play Test Tone Windows PC Speakers problem? Here are 7 methods that can help address the underlying cause.
Restart Windows Audio Service
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing both the Windows key and R key
- Enter ‘services.msc’ and click OK
- The Services Window will open
- Right-click on Windows Audio
- Choose the ‘restart’ option
Repair Corrupted Windows Files
Some corrupted Windows files can also be the underlying cause of the Error Failed to Play Test Tone fix Windows PC Speakers Issue. If the first method doesn’t help fix this error, follow these steps: