Asus Smart Gesture has been known to provide issues to Asus laptop owners. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has been considered as the starting point of the issue. This guide will help you in resolving the “Asus Smart Gesture Not Working” issue.
What is Asus Smart Gesture?
It is a tiny utility for controlling the touchpad features including a smart gesture.
The issue arises whenever there is incompatibility between the Asus Smart Gesture (OEM Driver) and your laptop/PC’s operating system.
Points to be Noted
- ASUS recommended that you download the ATK driver, reinstall the ATK driver and the Touchpad driver.
- Those who have ASUS T300LA with some issues with the multi-touch feature should uninstall the ASUS Smart Gesture and install the V2.2.8 and restart the system. Even when you have an ASUS Zen Book UX32VD with the issues, you should use the same version V2.2.8.
If you view a message saying, “another version of this product is already installed,” you will have to uninstall the earlier version before installing the new one.
If you get the message, “Source file not found: Temp1_SmartGesture_Win10_64_VER406.zip\SETUP.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.,” you should first extract the zip file and then run the setup.
Here are 2 methods for fixing the Asus Smart Gesture Not Working error.
Update the Asus Touchpad Driver
When a user comes across the message, “Asus Smart Gesture Not Working,” it is usually due to the Asus touchpad driver being incompatible with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The solution to the problem is to update the driver for the Anniversary Update.
Driver Talent is a sophisticated Asus driver update utility that can quickly scan the driver, download the latest compatible driver, and install it to do the job in just minutes. This is the fastest method.
The process involves the following three steps:
- System Scanning: Open the Driver Talent and select ‘scan’. This will help in detecting the issue with the Asus touchpad driver.
- Download the Asus Touchpad Driver that is compatible with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Select the ‘repair’ option and it will fix all the issues with the driver. The utility will automatically download and install the compatible version. You will also have the option to click on the ‘update’ option (It is recommended to update only if there is an issue).
- Reboot the System: Once the issue has been fixed, make sure to restart the system. Else the full changes will not take place.
Note: – Make sure to take backup of your system drivers using Driver Talent before you use the utility.
Uninstall the existing Asus Smart Gesture and download the latest version manually.
It is possible that the Asus Smart Gesture driver on your system is incompatible with the system itself. This method focuses on uninstalling the current Asus Smart Gesture and downloading and installing the latest version manually from Asus’ website.
It is important to note that this is a time-consuming method that takes some effort on your part.
It involves the following steps:
- Right click on the ‘start’ button and choose ‘power user’ menu. Then select ‘control panel’.
- Open ‘programs and features’ and choose ‘uninstall or change a program’ option.
- Right click on Asus Smart Gesture and select ‘repair’.
- Restart the system and then again open ‘control panel’. select ‘uninstall or change a program’.
- Again right-click on Asus Smart Gesture. Choose ‘edit’ and then ‘remove’.
- Open the Asus Support page and download the current Asus Smart Gesture program. Make sure to download the software that includes Asus Smart Gesture for 64-bit and 32-bit.
- Restart the system.
This is expected to help resolve the issue. It is recommended to choose the right method for the “Asus Smart Gesture Not Working” problem based on what seems easier to you.